[linux-audio-dev] some more GMPI thoughts

Tim Hockin thockin at hockin.org
Tue Oct 21 18:47:33 UTC 2003

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 07:50:38PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> > We're not designing solutions, just requirements, right now.  It's fine to
> > have a solution to a requirement, but remember that this is a bigger group.
> > I don't even know what YAML is.  XML is a somewhat obvious answer for
> > portable data, but that may be beyond the scope of GMPI.
>
> It probably should be in the spec, or at least a recommended schema. There
> better be a good reason for it being anything other than XML.

The *spec* certainly.  But requirements?  The requirement seems to be "GMPI
should have a standard preset file format.  That format must be flexible,
extensible, well-defined, hierarchical, and human-editable pure ASCII."

Does that cover it?
--
Notice that as computers are becoming easier and easier to use,
suddenly there's a big market for "Dummies" books.  Cause and effect,