[linux-audio-dev] drivel

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Oct 21 20:34:21 UTC 2003

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 03:23:07PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> >The latter. If you read the whole thing, it's pretty clear even from that
> >link that "tailored to fit the needs of the Digidesign end user"
> >means nothing more than "it's a versatile microphone".
>
> more than that, it probably means "its not a particularly good
> microphone for anything in particular, but you might like it because
> its not particular bad either and it comes in the box".

Actually given BLUE's reputation I suspect it's an excellent mic.
There are plenty of good versatile microphones. Think how many things a
U47 has been successfully pointed at, or an RCA-77, or a Sennheiser 421,
or an EV RE-20, or even an SM-57, or (insert your favorite small-diaphragm
condenser). And all of those have particular jobs that they excel at.

But I don't for a second believe that this mic has any special
affinity with Digi hardware. This is pure marketing and packaging
for both companies.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com