[linux-audio-dev] European software patents?

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Tue Sep 2 08:07:01 UTC 2003

Hello. I picked the text below from xine-devel, but I picked it too
late. If this topic has been discussed here, I have missed the thing.

If Europe gets the software patents, I'm willing to archive
any withdrawn software to our archive site ftp.funet.fi.
There they may wait another 20 years for reappearence.

What to do if Europe gets the software patents and your
software is requested to be taken away from public?
How far one should go in order to get the case officially
reported? At least, one should not take anything away
upon an e-mail request as then nothing is officially reported.
It is important to get the cases reported each time so that
the cases can be analysed later by the researchers.

Juhana

[ someone wrote in xine-devel ]