[linux-audio-dev] Wrote a real time safe memory allocator in C++

Greg Reddin gtreddin at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 10:52:00 UTC 2003

> (badly enough there are still too many audio developers that
> call new,delete, malloc() and free() within the  audio RT thread !)

Is there a web resource or book or something where one can learn
about these programming caveats for audio developers?  I knew nothing
of this problem, but it makes sense when you mention it.

Or do I just have to do this for a few years and learn the hard way?
:-)

I've been programming for quite some time, always with a dream to
write audio software.  Now that I'm beginning to actually do it,
there's a lot to learn (understatement of the year).

Greg