[linux-audio-dev] KEYBOARDS: Linux is not suited for audio applications ...

Tim Orford tim at orford.org
Fri Sep 5 11:18:00 UTC 2003

> Anyway, sure, there are no packages matching SX or 6.0 at this time,

and doesnt that say it all?

> but there are several that are at least as good as early releases of
> these programs, and they improve much faster than the commercial
> ones.

debatable i think.
i would imagine that there are currently more closed-source developers
than open. More publicity to correct the false information regarding
the GNU/Linux system, to attract more _developers_, is needed, but there is
a tendency of people to exagerate the productivity acheivable
with current apps in relation to say SX, which is not helpful.

We all love Linux, but while it might satisfy _our_ needs, it can be
dangerous to extrapolate that to people in general. Linux users have a
growing reputation as being unrealistic and out of touch.

at the end of the day, for most people its the apps which matter.
--
Tim Orford