[linux-audio-dev] Wrote a real time safe memory allocator in C++

Michael Ost most at museresearch.com
Sat Sep 6 17:03:01 UTC 2003

Great link. Thanks. We are working on a commercial Linux based music
product. We have strong Windows/Mac skills, but are still learning in
the Linux environment. This list is a helpful place to lurk... %)

One particular issue that was mentioned on those pages was that timing
is not very accurate (dependent on HZ?) in 2.4 kernels, with great
improvments in 2.5/2.6 revs.

I am using clock_gettime(CLOCK_REALTIME) from the librt.so library. I
get values that are finer grained than HZ. Are they for real? Or perhaps
just random?

What big improvements are going on with timing in 2.5/6?

Thanks for any help.... mo

Michael Ost, Software Architect
Muse Research, Inc.
most at museresearch.com