[linux-audio-dev] ladspa diff

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Sep 13 04:38:00 UTC 2003

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 07:43:28 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> the more i try to explain this, the less convinced i am that we should
> add it. it requires the definition of a meaningless value, for a
> start, which will require warping/overloading the meaning of some
> other value (e.g. using the default as the meaningless value).

It can only be applied to LADSPA_HINT_TOGGLED controls, so the two states
would be 0 and 1, the default would control wether it was normally open or
normally closed.

I will admit that it complicates hosts somewhat, bu the minimum
implemenation would be just "set port value to default after every call to
run()". Modulo some race conditions.

- Steve