[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] Lemux version 0.1

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Sep 14 18:45:00 UTC 2003

Hallo,
Joost Yervante Damad hat gesagt: // Joost Yervante Damad wrote:

> 'Frank Barknecht' wrote about 'Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] Lemux version 0.1' - Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 04:46:34PM CEST
> > I just shortly tried MUSICDrum and SCC in Pd using the plugin~ external
> > where they did load fine, but whatever I tried I couldn't get sound
> > out of MUSICDrum.
>
> MUSICDrum for some mysterious way doesn't give any output. I still need
> to dig into that deeper. Thats why it is listed on the website under
> "not working yet".

Ah, I didn't read carefully: I thought, all that was built was
supposed to work. Nevermind.

> Yeah, if [-1,1] is the "normal" output range, I should adjust all
> plugins for that. I never programmed audio before, soo there might be
> some more "obvious" mistakes in the code. Maybe that is because AMS
> works with voltages :)

There are different output ranges in use. Especially if you once used
Csound this is annoying. I now looked, what ladspa.h has to say about
this. At the "typedef float LADSPA_Data;" it says:

   For audio it is generally assumed that 1.0f is the `0dB' reference
   amplitude and is a `normal' signal level.

So with LADSPA signals indeed should have a 1.0 amplitude at full
volume.

ciao