Drums++ was: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] Gungirl Sequencer 0.1

Robert Jonsson robert.jonsson at dataductus.se
Mon Sep 15 14:05:01 UTC 2003

Hi Mario,

Monday 15 September 2003 16:43 skrev Mario Lang:
> Great!   Another linux audio tool inaccessible
> to the blind.  I am feeling very very left out...

Yeah, I know the situation. I'm not blind myself but I used to work in the
disability industry. Providing, mainly, adaptations for computerized
workplaces. And needless to say there are lots of apps that are totally
inaccessible to blind people.

This is getting rather of topic, but I thought I'd just mention this app
Drums++ that popped up the other week. http://dpp.mikekohn.net/

It's a programmable pattern sequencer (as in, you feed it with source code).
It's mainly for drums, but I imagine it could be used for any kinds of
sounds. So... if you're into programming, this might be a really cool
utility.
It has a C-like syntax and seems very nice for it's purpose (haven't tried it
myself yet, been meaning to).

/Robert