[linux-audio-dev] Re: Blocking rima-tde.net, was Re: *****SPAM***** [linux-audio-dev] WINNING NOTIFICATION

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Tue Sep 16 04:18:00 UTC 2003

Paul Winkler wrote:
> I can't speak for Joern who should be returning as list admin in the
> near future; but as long as I'm taking care of the lists I will
> not block ISPs. That's throwing the baby out with the bathwater,
> IMHO.
>
> However, as previously mentioned, I'd like to get spamassasin
> in the list processing chain. I just don't know when i'll be able to
> do so.

hi paul, hi everyone,

i'm back and digging through my mail :)
if it's up to me, i won't be blocking entire isps for now. i'd rather we
close the list and get some additional spam blocking in place, see how
it works.
*BUT* if the current spam madness continues, there might come a time
where use of the Big Cluebat (tm) on incompetent is called for...

> On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 06:38:14PM +0200, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
>
>>El martes,  9 de septiembre de 2003, a las 04:35, Dan Hollis escribe:
>>
>>>"you lie with dogs, you catch fleas"
>>
>>Go on, then, nice guy.

not a very nice way to put it, but sometimes all you can do is to pass
the unpleasantness on to some innocent man in the middle, in the hope
that they will attack the problem at its true source when the pain
threshold is reached.... IOW: tell your isp in very clear words what you
expect of them and how the usability of their product is reduced by
their not adhering to internet best practices.

--
Progress (n.):  The process through which the Internet has evolved from
smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart

Jörn Nettingsmeier
Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/ (Linux Audio Developers)