[linux-audio-dev] Re: Blocking rima-tde.net, was Re: *****SPAM***** [linux-audio-dev] WINNING NOTIFICATION

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Tue Sep 16 13:33:01 UTC 2003

Uwe Koloska wrote:
> Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
>  > but still: don't run your own smtp.
>
> I hope you mean: don't run your own smtp that delivers directly!

of course.

> It's very convenient to have my own smtp -- but I'm using my ISPs smtp
> as a relay.

so do i, but the important part is: the isp's relay knows my identity
and can take action against me if i abuse their service, and the
recipients of my mails know who to yell at.

thanks for the clarification, my wording was not sufficiently precise.
running a local smtp server that forwards all mail to a "smart host" is
of course standard practice and perfectly acceptable.

--
Progress (n.):  The process through which the Internet has evolved from
smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart

Jörn Nettingsmeier
Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/ (Linux Audio Developers)