[linux-audio-dev] windows musicians doing lisp?

Francois Dechelle Francois.Dechelle at ircam.fr
Fri Sep 26 03:44:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 02:42, Paul Davis wrote:
> amazing that these guys have the guts to show the screenshot ..
>
> http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2003/Symbolic-Comp-5-Mod-Win.htlm

Probably:
http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2003/Symbolic-Comp-5-Mod-Win.html

> looks like OpenMusic to me. i guess we're still waiting for the
> official release for linux from ircam, right?

Well, OpenMusic is visual. From what I've seen, Symbolic Composer is
not: you can view inside OpenMusic the scores that you have generated or
processed with graphical editors.

And about the release of OpenMusic: it is almost ready. The porting has
been completed in august, now we are packaging it (some problems because
it depends on MidiShare and fluidsynth), but it will be ready soon
(mid-october I presume).

fd=