[linux-audio-dev] Re: ALSA snd_pcm_meter_* functions?

Andrew Burgess aab at cichlid.com
Sun Sep 28 00:50:01 UTC 2003

>Has anybody used the above ALSA functionality? The functions are
>defined in <alsa/pcm.h> but there doesn't seem to be any documentation
>nor any example programs.

There is a package called ameter.

>    Do these functions work?

Seem to.

>    Do they work on record?

Yes. ameter works for both record and playback.

>    Does anyone have any example code?

ameter.

Maybe you can stop it from segv-ing every few hours? :-)

I fixed one bug and mailed it to the author but didn't check
to see if he updated it (I have 0.3). It concerned ^C behavior,
e.g. ^C out of aplay or arecord with ameter as the device.