[linux-audio-dev] Visual 3D mixing interface

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Apr 6 10:23:47 UTC 2004

Hallo,
Jorma R hat gesagt: // Jorma R wrote:

> Having something like this for Linux would be great. Either as a
> stand-alone Jack aware mixing interface or as an alternate mixing UI for
> Ardour for example.
> Has anyone thought of or planned creating something like this?
>
> I thought I could do it myself - I just need to learn programming in
> general (starting from zero) and audio + 3D in particular. :)

You might want to take a look at the combination: Pd and Gem. Pd is a
modular graphical patcher system primarily for audio and midi, but it
can be extended by Gem, which is an add-on environment for Pd for
doing OpenGL graphics. See pure-data.iem.at for some pointers
(pure-data.org still seems to have DNS problems...)

ciao