[linux-audio-dev] Anyone planned a GTK2-based Multitracker?

Samuel Abels spam at debain.org
Fri Apr 9 20:04:16 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 21:37, Dave Robillard wrote:
> On 04/09/04 15:30:32, Samuel Abels wrote:
> >  I was planning on starting a C++/GTKmm2-based multitracker project using
> > LADSPA and Jackit.  Before rolling on I would like to ask if there is
> > already a project  planning on something similar.
>
> Gah, use Ardour.

As nice as Ardour may be, I personaly still prefer the interfaces of
modern UI toolkits, in combination with a nice Object Oriented language
(aka C++ :) ).

>   There is a need for a GTK2 midi sequencer though. *hint,
> hint* :)

Actually, I have been thinking about that, also. Actually, I have even
created a (not completely finished) display widget for MIDI tracks using
GTK2-perl, which can be translated easily (=two hours work) into C++.

But, IMO that should be integrated with the multitrack application (as a
secondary feature).

-Samuel