[linux-audio-dev] Anyone planned a GTK2-based Multitracker?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Apr 9 21:09:43 UTC 2004

>> > LADSPA and Jackit.  Before rolling on I would like to ask if there is
>> > already a project  planning on something similar.
>>
>> Gah, use Ardour.
>
>As nice as Ardour may be, I personaly still prefer the interfaces of
>modern UI toolkits, in combination with a nice Object Oriented language
>(aka C++ :) ).

Just to be clear:

1) Ardour is written in C++
2) Ardour's toolkit is gtkmm
3) Ardour will be ported to GTK2/gtkmm immediately after we release v1.0
4) 90% of the hard stuff in a multitrack editor is inevitably
      focused on a canvas-like widget, which will be filled
      with custom items that are not provided by whatever
      toolkit you choose.
5) Ardour has 100% separation between GUI and backend code.

--p