MIDI-only sequencer, was Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux soundapps pages updated

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Mon Apr 12 12:47:45 UTC 2004

Greetings:

  I've run Master Tracks Pro under Xsteem, the MIDI I/O was fine. Ditto
for Sequencer Plus Gold under DOSemu. These programs are quite advanced
as MIDI-only sequencers, and I agree that much could be learned from
them. However, I get the impression that developers are responding to
users' requests for more audio-oriented features, so the more
interesting MIDI stuff is perhaps left for later addition. That's too
bad, but until a native Linux sequencer appears that includes the MIDI
features set of Sequencer Plus, I have no objection to using
applications under emulation.

  Btw, Xsteem now does full-screen, and if you're looking for more free
(as in liquor, not libre) Atari MIDI apps be sure to check out Tim's
Atari MIDI World :

        http://tamw.atari-users.net/steem.htm

  Oh, and dosemu also does full-screen now too.

Best regards,

dp