MIDI-only sequencer, was Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux soundapps pages updated

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Mon Apr 12 13:34:30 UTC 2004

Hi Robert:

Here are the Normal Transforms from Sequencer Plus Gold :

TIME                             PITCH
VELOCITY              SPLIT         RANDOM/MISC

Quantize                        Transpose                      Set
                     Pitch            Pitch
Super-quantize             Harmonic transpose
Adjust                      Quantize     Start-time
Quantize duration        Inversion
Crescendo               Velocity     Velocity
Set duration                   Harmonic inversion    Set
note-off             Duration     Duration
Adjust duration             Map                               Adjust
note-off       Modulus     Merge
Retrograde
Compex                                        Track rebar
Offset
Range rebar
Compex

And here are the MIDI Transforms:

TIME            VALUE                 INS/DEL        TEMPO

Retrograde   Scale                     Fill                   Accelerando
Offset            Shift                      Crescendo      Scale
Compex        Invert                    Thin                 Shift
                       Map                       Elim dupes     Thin
                       Map programs                              Elim dupes

Tap tempo

Edit regions include whole track or group of tracks, individual
measures, and individual note, and is not restricted to measure
boundaries. Alas, non-contiguous editing is not supported.

The MIDI transforms affect MIDI messages other than note-on and
note-off. Sequencer Plus employed a user-designated track for tempo
messages, it could be edited like any other track.

The Harmonic Xpos and Invert transforms and the Pitch randomization
employ user-defined settings in a Keysig popup.

Sequencer Plus also includes advanced grouping features, multiple track
recording, block editing, SMPTE/MTC/MMC support, and much more. Its
drawbacks include no Undo/Redo, no graphic controller editing, and no
source code. However, it is now being given away by Voyetra.

Best regards,

dp