[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] LDRUM 0.6.0 released

Peter Eschler peschler at t-online.de
Tue Apr 13 16:08:19 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 16:17, Alex Marandon wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 01:24:08PM +0200, Peter Eschler wrote:
> > If you don't mind heres's another trick ;-)
>
> I don't mind at all, the screenshots are so attractive that I do want to
> give LDRUM a try :)

Sounds like music to my ears ;-) So i will try to get it running for you..
But in order to avoid discussions about LDRUM bugs spamming LAD i will answer
off-list next time. I'm planning to put LDRUM on sourceforge to have some
central space for mailing lists, bug reports, etc.

> > Hopefully this time it will do what it's meant for...
> > Replace the two lines (25 and 35) in paramtooltip.h with:
> >
> > t = (_param->name() + ": " + _param->toString()).c_str();
>
> Ok, this one works, but it fails soon after for the same kind of
> reason I think :

Yep, you're right. It's all about assigning std::string to QString. Once again
this is quickly fixed, but once again i don't get the reason for this.

Replace line 211 in channelui.cpp
QFileInfo fi(sampleLoadedSubj->filename);
with
QFileInfo fi( QString(sampleLoadedSubj->filename.c_str()) );

I checked the rest of the code and there are two addtional files which could
cause problems, but IMHO should work for you without changing.
Nevertheless I will fix these too and put a bugfix release on the webpage
within the next days.

> > Just to find the reason for this, could you please tell me the version
> > of your gcc compiler?
>
> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-slackware-linux/3.3.3/specs
> Configured with: ../gcc-3.3.3/configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared
> --enable-threads=posix --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-checking
> --with-gnu-ld --verbose --target=i486-slackware-linux
> --host=i486-slackware-linux Thread model: posix
> gcc version 3.3.3

Mine is:
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.2/specs

So you're more up-to-date than me ;-) I expected an older version, so this is
not the source of trouble.

> I had a look at your C++ wrapper for JACK, it's a good thing to provide it
> as a separate package. I'll try to use this for a little project I'm
> working on.

The jackpp version available on the website is the one contained in LDRUM
release 0.5.1. The current version 0.6.0 contains a newer jackpp library.
Since i didn't receive any comments about it (and ladspapp) I didn't put that
much effort into updating those pages on the webpage :-(
But now that I know someone is using it, I'll put it on my todo.

PE

--
 "Without music, life would      _O_/ \_O_/ +----------------------+
  be a mistake - I would        / ))    []  | Peter Eschler        |