[linux-audio-dev] Linux soundapps pages updated

Jan Nieuwenhuizen janneke at gnu.org
Tue Apr 13 17:20:00 UTC 2004

Dave Phillips writes:

> Well, it would certainly help if the Linux soundapps pages didn't
> suck so bad.

Yes, so

> I have lost count of the number of proposals I've
> received to upgrade the sites to some more modern format.

why did you have to turn them all down?  There must be capable
volunteers to help you with those pages, in a way you like too.  The
Linux music/audio/sound community has grown a lot over the years.  Besides,

> Meanwhile, I continue to maintain the pages as a service.

it still costs you time?

> It has been a way for me to give something back to Linux generally,
> and I'm happy with its success, but it is also truly awful (WRT its
> format).

Ok, that's a nice gesture.

> I'm half-way through the 2nd edition of my book (yes, LilyPond
> will receive due diligence in it ;)

I assume LilyPond must be in the second half of the book then?  I
haven't seen you [ask questions] on the mailing lists yet, it can't be
that everything is clear and just works?  I'm sure you heard this many
times before... but please, if you have the time, do not describe
broken things if you find them, but give us a chance to fix them
first.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke at gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter