[linux-audio-dev] laconf2 call for help w/ irc and streaming
nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Tue Apr 20 09:33:41 UTC 2004
as you will certainly have heard, we are getting closer to the 2nd
linux audio conference at zkm (http://www.zkm.de/lad).
as you might also have heard, we will have live streams of all talks
and lectures in ogg format for those who can't make it there in person.
last year, we had an irc "feedback channel", meaning i would sit in
the lecture room with a notebook, answer questions from people who
were listening to the stream and relay their questions to the
audience if necessary. i want to do the same this year.
problem is: there are three lecture rooms now.
so i'm looking for a couple of people who'd be willing to help out.
specifically, i need people who
* are at the conference :) preferably the whole time
* bring their own laptop with working sound output and headphones
* have some experience with networking
* have or can operate a webcam on their machine and are willing to
* like to chat
your tasks will be:
* to attend talks
* to have an irc window open and answer and relay questions
* to set up a webcam that will provide the listeners with stills so
that they'll know which slide is up atm etc.
* to monitor the outgoing stream and to ping the relays from time to
the more helpers, the less work for all of us. last year, it has
been great fun, although chatting, monitoring (with some 5 seconds
lag) and listening at the same time can make your head spin in funny
please cc: me privately on any replies. thanks.
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxaudiodev.org (Linux Audio Developers)
More information about the Linux-audio-dev