[linux-audio-dev] ANNOUNCE: cheesetracker 0.9.9 released

Sascha Retzki sascha.retzki at t-online.de
Mon Apr 26 12:58:52 UTC 2004

Am So, 2004-04-25 um 15.14 schrieb Juan Linietsky:
> On Saturday 24 April 2004 09:39, Sascha Retzki wrote:
> > Am Fr, 2004-04-23 um 08.51 schrieb Juan Linietsky:
> > > CheeseTracker is a mature,versatile and extremely full-featured
> > > application that works as an all-in-one sequencer/sampler/sample
> > > editor/fx processor. It allows for the creation of professional sounding
> > > multitrack mixes. It includes examples and docummentation, as well as
> > > on-line help.
> > >
> > > It can be obtained at http://cheesetronic.sf.net
> > >
> > > Sorry for the delay, even though this was ready some months ago, I didnt
> > > have time to fix up a proper release..
> > >
> > > Changes for this version follow:
> > >
> > >  [...]
> > >

> > > Enjoy!
> > >
> > > Juan Linietsky
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I makes me sad to tell you that I can't use your programm :(( ...
> > After a clean compilation, I can run it, but after
> > QFont::setPointSize: Point size <= 0 (0)
> > QFont::setPointSize: Point size <= 0 (0)
> > the process just get killed.
> >
> > lantis at linux:~>strace cheesetracker_qt
> > [..]
> > rt_sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, NULL, [RTMIN], 8) = 0
> > rt_sigsuspend([] <unfinished ...>
> > --- SIGRTMIN (Unknown signal 32) @ 0 (0) ---
> > <... rt_sigsuspend resumed> )           = -1 EINTR (Interrupted system
> > call)
> > sigreturn(ptrace: umoven: No such process
> > trace: ptrace(PTRACE_SYSCALL, ...): No such process
> >  <unfinished ...>
> > lantis at linux:~>
> >
> > I expired this behavior with prior versions, but don't remember to
> > solved it ever. I know that we both talked about this earlier, I think
> > with a 0.8 version or sth.
> >
> > As it seems to run for you and others, I include some information:
> > OS: SuSE Linux 9.0
> > Kernel: custom kernel 2.6.3
> > System type: i386, AMD Athlon 1800+
> > Soundcard: Ensoniq ( snd_ens1371 )
> > Sound-API: ALSA > 0.9
> >

> > Can you help me figuring out why I can't make music ;)
> >
> > With kind regards,
>

> weird, that shouldnt happen.. try deleting your old config files at
>  ~/.cheesetracker*
> if it still does it let me know!
>
> Juan Linietsky

Hi Juan,

Yeah, that is the solution. Thanks ... do you have *any* idea why this
happens ? ;)

Btw, what happened to the Cheesetracker Port of NetBSD ? I know there
was one version in PKGSRC, but it was 0.5 . Now, there is no version at
all. Was you involved in any portings ? Do you know if 0.9 runs on
NetBSD ( 4.4 BSD ) ?

( I know, these questions can be solved by myself, too. But my
netbsd-machine is busy to fix a driver issue atm ;)  )

With best regards,

Sascha Retzki