[linux-audio-dev] Re: FreeVSTi Compatibility List / VSTserver & FST

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Apr 28 12:10:56 UTC 2004

>Let me quote one of the first answers to the thread: "The stuck notes in some
>SE
>VSTi are most likely due to CK's Unison modules that are a little twitchy."

no, this is most likely false.

the most likely reason is this, from vst-plugins:

Date:    Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:20:45 EDT
To:      <vst-plugins at lists.steinberg.net>(VST PlugIns)
From:    "Angus F. Hewlett" <amulet at fxpansion.com>
Subject: [vst-plugins] Re: ok, so we know VST is under-spec'ed but ....

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Paul Davis wrote:

> ... just what are the semantics of processReplacing if a
> plugin has no output? is it supposed to write zeroes to the output
> buffer for processReplacing, or nothing at all?

It is supposed to write the output buffer (fill with zeroes), but because
Cubase (prior to SX2) always used to pass zeroes, many plug-ins did not
bother. However, most that are still under active development should have
been updated by now... I would be quite surprised if the latest Kontakt
(1.5x) still does this.

Regards,
        Angus.

i fixed this in my working copy of jfst yesterday, and it corrected
all "stuck note" problems in kontakt and a few other plugins.

--p