[linux-audio-dev] RFC: Disposable Soft Synth Interface

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Thu Apr 29 11:25:18 UTC 2004

On Thursday 29 Apr 2004 11:32 am, Tim Goetze wrote:
> hmm. agreed of course about the complicated alternatives. i wasn't
> aware that a separate plugin GUI becomes nigh mandatory, which i
> must admit i find not to my greatest liking.

Only if you actually need the configure() stuff, which many plugins
might not.  But I agree it's not exactly ideal.  Better ideas
welcome.

> i'm not too intimate with liblo/OSC, so sorry for asking an RTFM
> question: does OSC provide some sort of alternative, textual
> representation of configuration options?

I don't think OSC knows anything about "configuration" as such, it's
just a delivery mechanism for passing typed arguments to named
methods.  Steve's really the OSC nut though: I'm just happy that it's
reasonably simple and it works.

Chris