[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] PHAT version 0.1.0

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun Aug 1 07:45:56 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 10:45:40PM -0400, John Check wrote:
> On Saturday 31 July 2004 10:14 pm, Taybin Rutkin wrote:
> > Sounds neat.  Are there any screenshots?
> >

> This is the only hit I got for 'fan-slider widget'
>
> http://www.y-windows.org/pipermail/y-devel/2004-June/001568.html
>
> It's not the same guy, but it's the same name and the same target.

Hi!

I came up with the idea and tried to sell it to the Y people
even before I started to work on Specimen. An I also presented
it to this list. Later on Pete got interested in this and started
implementation, while I created new mockups to adapt it to GTK.

My earlier work on knobs and the discussion about radial
vs linear movement led me to the original concept, which
was refined in cooperation with Pete. He came up with the
nice idea to hide the mouse pointer so that it feels like
the fan takes its place.

---
Thorsten Wilms