[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] PHAT version 0.1.0

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun Aug 1 09:09:09 UTC 2004

On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 09:44:18AM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:

> Hmm... nice. One thing that I find a bit jarring is that it turns off the
> mouse cursor. Is that neccesary?

Hiding the cursor gives a clear view. And otherwise we would have a
problem when the fan goes beyond screen edges. To still allow full
range manipulation it would have to be possible for the cursor to
leave the screen. Would have to jump back to somewhere on the screen
afterwards.

With the current implementation the cursor relocation (if you imagine
a virtual cursor during slider manipulation) happens always and
fully predictable.

Not to forget that having the cursor back where things started
is quite practical and might speed up things.

---
Thorsten Wilms