[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] PHAT version 0.1.0

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Mon Aug 2 12:36:09 UTC 2004

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 02:05:00PM +0200, Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:

> I don't think you should use the middle button for anyting.
> With scroll-button mouses (which everyone should use), the
> middle button is very unconfortable.

Depends very much on your mouse model. Personaly, I happily
use middle clicking all the time (tabbed browsing and pasting
text).

> What about
> some creative use of the scroll-wheel instead? The obvious
> use is of course to change the value with the scroll-wheele.
> I think that would be nice.

One might argue that scrollwheel should be kept for scrolling,
but since (at least with GTK) spin-boxes already react to
scrollwheel on mouse-over, yes, that seems to be the way to go.

> I can't trigger that, but the flickering is annoying.
> How about double-buffering the thing?

Good to hear (the first part), thanks for testing.
Gotta wait for Pete to answer this one.

> Another thing, in some situations, I think I would prefer
> that the fan is always at maximum size. Could that be
> made as an option in the API?

Hmm, I think it's very important to keep fan-slider
behaviour consistent. Since ctrl and shift are already
taken ... but it should be easy and fast enough to
maximize the fan manualy.
But maybe I'm missing something, so could you please
describe such an situation?

> Besides from that, very very nice! I'm thinking about using
> it in my configuration code for SND. But the flickering
> needs to be fixed.

Cool :)

---
Thorsten Wilms