[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] PHAT version 0.1.0

Pete Bessman ninjadroid at gazuga.net
Mon Aug 2 17:10:08 UTC 2004

At Mon, 2 Aug 2004 14:05:00 +0200 (CEST),
Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:

> > There have been some drawing errors happening
> > when moving the fan out to one side and then
> > the other in one go. But they are actualy hard
> > to trigger, so please stress test the demo and
> > report to Pete, so we might find out where the
> > problem lies.
> >

> I can't trigger that, but the flickering is annoying.
> How about double-buffering the thing?

This isn't anything that can be helped, AFAIK.  The thing *is* double
buffered.  If you drag to the right, or down, you'll notice that it's
smooth.  The problems only occur when you drag to the left, or up.
This is because I have to constant move the window (flickery) and
apply a new clipping mask (even more flickery).  If there's a way to
make this look nice, it is currently lost on me.

--
Pete

www.gazuga.net

"I saw the movie 'I, Robot' recently, a film based loosely on a book
written by science fiction author Isaac Asimov. In case you're not
familiar with Asimov's writing, here's a list of things the movie had
in common with the book:

* The title."

[maddox.xmission.com]