[linux-audio-dev] jamin and FFT filtering

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-lad at mega-nerd.com
Tue Aug 10 08:13:33 UTC 2004

HI all,

There was a discussion on the LAU list about jamin using FFT
based filtering. I I missed much of the discussion but that
particular point just jumped out at me.

Has anyone thought of trying linear phase FIR filters instead of
FFT methods? Any filter that can be specified in the frequency
domain can be implemented in the time domain and vice-versa.
Often (but not always), the time domain version is significantly
cheaper in CPU cycles.

Erik