[linux-audio-dev] Diode wave shaper (LADSPA plugin)?

Stanley Jaddoe linux-audio-dev at terabytemusic.cjb.net
Mon Aug 16 14:49:47 UTC 2004

On Monday 16 August 2004 12:45, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Both of those would probably sound better than what I posted,
> but the original circuit had a 12k source impedance. As soon
> as the the input overcomes the forward voltage drop of the
> diodes the impedance of the diodes drops to the low hundreds
> of ohms.

The 12k resistor is just an example, it would be nice if it would be treated
as a variable.

How can I incorporate the 1N4148 diode characteristics in the final equation?

I did some SPICE emulation (Alfons: I know, I'm not a (real) engineer) and I
never saw a tangentfunction-like output...
Assuming one input and one output, (instead of the shown three inputs in my
first post), if the input signal is a triangle wave, I should get a (not
perfect) sine wave.

BTW: Does anyone on this list has any experience converting an analog hardware
synth to a softsynth using the synth's schematics?

Stanley