[linux-audio-dev] Diode wave shaper (LADSPA plugin)?

Stanley Jaddoe linux-audio-dev at terabytemusic.cjb.net
Mon Aug 16 17:09:10 UTC 2004

On Monday 16 August 2004 18:23, Jens M Andreasen wrote:
> Now please tell us, what is this synth of yours that you have
> disassembled? Is this circuit part of the output-stage or is it part of
> the individual oscillators? Inquiring minds wants to know!

It's the TR-909 drum machine.

For the Bass Drum part, the wave shaper converts the triangle output of a VCO
to a sine.

For the Rim Shot part, it's in the output stage, where three sine waves of
three different oscillator are mixed (that's why I had three inputs in the
schematic of my first post) and shaped.

For the Snare Drum, Low-, Mid- and High Toms, diode clippers are being used to
transform triangle waves to sine waves.