[linux-audio-dev] Read this after your first cup of coffee

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Aug 17 22:43:27 UTC 2004

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 05:11:35PM -0400, John Check wrote:
> Heheh, I didn't think of i18n until you said it.

sure you did!
>From your post:

> The only text input will be for URLs. This should minimize
> grammatical and language issues as well as make internationalization easy.
> Absolutely. Like I said I bounced the idea off of DP first, and I can host
> linux-sound or he can pull pages from me. 6 of one .5 dozen of the other.
> He's got the traffic already, so let the mountain go to Mohammed.

it's just a domain name. thanks to DNS both mohammed and the mountain
are very movable :-)

> It'll be slashdotted on the first day. I'll but in a second machine and round
> robin the first week.
>
> > (Out of my own curiosity as a potential collaborator:
> > What's your preferred web app platform?  And how much time during
> > that 7-10 days do you think will actually be spent working on this project?
> > And do you have a host in mind?)
> >

> Linux/Apache/PHP4/MySQL

ok, i'll hit you off-list about implementation issues.
or maybe we could chat about it.
what's your nick on #lad?
and what timezone are you in?
I'm slinkp and I'm in EST (brooklyn, NY).

> > btw, are you aware of http://linuxaudio.org ?
>
> I am now. Okay that's very cool. I've been wanting to say "synergize" since I
> got here, but I didn't want anybody to laugh ;)

just curious... how long have you been "in the scene"?

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com