[linux-audio-dev] Audio synchronization, MIDI API

Nelson Posse Lago lago at that.com.br
Wed Aug 18 17:08:20 UTC 2004

Quoting Steve Harris <S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk>:

> I disagree, its not the wrong model - the master node (with the audio i/o)
> run a normal jack driver, and all the slave nodes run a network jack
> driver that read/writes from the network.

Yes, I believe this is the way to do it. Has anybody played with this?

http://www.alphalink.com.au/~rd/m/jack.udp.html

Also, if this is not good for any reason, I intend to adapt my system
for distributed ladspa processing to work on top of jack too:

http://gsd.ime.usp.br/~lago/masters

See ya,
Nelson