[linux-audio-dev] ANN: Rivendell 0.9.0

Fred Gleason fredg at salemradiolabs.com
Wed Aug 18 18:55:55 UTC 2004

I'm pleased to announce the beta release of Rivendell v0.9.0.  Rivendell is a
complete, GPLed radio broadcast automation solution, with facilities for the
acquisition, management, scheduling and playout of audio content.  Further
information, screenshots and download links can be found at:

        http://www.salemradiolabs.com/rivendell/

This release marks a significant milestone in the project in that Rivendell is
now feature-complete, with all functionality required for basic broadcast
operation.  Some of the new features of this beta release include:

1)  Binary RPM support for SuSE 9.1.

2)  An automatic log generation and import utility, RDLogManager.
RDLogManager supports integration with virtually all third-party traffic and
music scheduler packages in use today.

3)  Enhanced support for the JACK Audio Connection Kit, allowing reliable
operation with standard 'garden variety' sound cards using the Linux ALSA
driver.

4)  Improved stability and useability in virtually all components.

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software Development  |
|                           |             Salem Radio Labs                |
|       All great ideas are controversial, or have been at one time.      |
|                                             -- Anonymous                |