[linux-audio-dev] mouse wheel behavior and RFC: human interface guidelines

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Sat Aug 21 16:35:44 UTC 2004

Hi,

it's backwards in a "numerical" sense, in that the numbers increase with
one slider type, but decrease with another, using the same command.

However, UI designers don't think in numbers, but associations.

Left is generally associated with up, right with down, as we read left to
right, top to bottom. Therefore, up MUST map to left, down MUST map to
right, otherwise, non-mathematically minded people get uttely confused.

Melanie