[linux-audio-dev] mouse wheel behavior and RFC: human interface guidelines

John Check j4strngs at bitless.net
Sat Aug 21 22:48:09 UTC 2004

On Saturday 21 August 2004 05:50 pm, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 17:33, John Check wrote:
> > >
> > > Agreed.  I can understand why Microsoft (and thus QT and GTK) chose to
> >
> > The latter two, probably to fit in with the former. I think I may be
> > missing something because my KDE sliders work like I expect.
>
> Hmm, someone else said QT sliders work the same way as GTK.  I don't
> have KDE here so I can't tell.
>
> Probably this behavior can be set at widget creation time.

It could be a windowmanager preference... Okay I see a "reverse scroll
direction" option in the KDE3.3 mouse configuration dialog.

How does this sound for a test..
I'll flip the preference, logout, log into a non KDE session, then see what
happens with a KDE app vs a QT app.
I have GNOME installed, but I generally don't use the desktop. If somebody is
a regular user and a similar option exists (I'm thinking it's probably in
Gconf) I suggest doing the same on the GTK side.