[linux-audio-dev] Re: [off-list] Read this after your first cup of coffee

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Aug 22 02:50:38 UTC 2004

>and determine what is being displayed. JAWS itself actually installs a video
>intercept driver to intercept all video being sent to the screen.

bwahahaha! creative ... i have to concede that much :)

>> note, however, that my very limited experience with ardour/ksi
>> suggests that a fairly low limit to the onscreen complexity that can
>> be reasonably managed using keystrokes (which is what the linux screen
>> reading systems do).
>
>I don't quite understand what you are getting at here.

the linux screen reader that ardour/ksi was designed around seems to
be modelled on the idea that the computer reads the screen to you
(either on demand or on an event-driven basis), and then you the user
use the computer keyboard to drive the operation of the program.

--p