[linux-audio-dev] Re: [off-list] Read this after your first cup of coffee

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Aug 22 15:43:42 UTC 2004

>Ok. I am a regular user of speakup as well, and find it no problem, so I still
>don't quite understand what problems there are with speakup relating to ksi.

there aren't any problems.

the issue is that a typical DAW presents hundreds of widgets to the
user at any given time. defining which one(s) to control using the
keyboard is tricky. ardour/ksi uses a "paged" design where there is
always a list of 0-10 items to control on the screen. if you put sonar
(or even ardour/gtk) on the screen, figuring out to how move the
keyboard focus to the correct widget(s) would be really quite
difficult.