[linux-audio-dev] Hello - FYI - intro

Robert Jonsson rj at spamatica.se
Tue Aug 24 12:55:28 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 24 August 2004 13.50, mark at kfm.co.za wrote:
> Thanks for your support and I will give Gentoo a shot..

Hi Mark,

I have to disagree with this advice. Though gentoo will give you immense
insight into how things work and it's probably unparallelled performance I
would not consider it an operating system for a beginners.
I would, on similar grounds, also not recommend slackware...

They are both very competitive on their own merits but this does not include
ease of use/setup etc...

I defintely think you should try a binary-only distibution.
Fedora/Mandrake/Suse/Debian

---
Some concluding remarks.
This community, which I think works very well, is very much centered around
these mailinglists, to get things working you are much more likely to succeed
by asking here (though linux-audio-user would be more appropriate in this
case) than to bang your head against the wall on your own.

So... basically you are on the right track ;-).

/Robert

--
http://spamatica.se/music/