[linux-audio-dev] miniDV audio format

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Aug 27 00:53:19 UTC 2004

>On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Arnold Krille wrote:
>> On Friday 27 August 2004 00:08, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
>> > 3)Does it matter what ieee1394 interface I get, or are they all
>> > basically the same as long as there's kernel support for them?
>> This was indeed discused recently: It doesn't matter at all since firewire i
>> far from being supported by linux afaik. :-(
>
>firewire works fine for me in linux... I use it for both DV work and
>hotplug 200gb drives.

to be clear: what is *not* supported are firewire audio
interfaces. this is because (1) devices using open protocols are very
new (shipping only within the last 6 months or so) and (2) it has been
difficult to get access to the protocols until relatively
recently. hopefully, this will all change soon.

--p