Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME isno more]

Ralf Beck musical_snake at gmx.de
Thu Dec 2 18:29:16 UTC 2004

To my humble knowledge 1394 is a bus system with each of the participants
being initator and receipient.

So why not analyze an interface's protocol by simply inserting a (Linux-)PC
between the Windows-PC running the driver and the firewire interface, which
acts as a thru-device and protocols everything going win <-> firewire device ?

For someone with better knowledge on 1394  than me it should be a possible to
get the protocol that way on a rainy weekend.

My two cents,
Ralf