[linux-audio-dev] Re: Behringer

Doug Wellington ddw at dakotacom.net
Fri Dec 3 22:19:00 UTC 2004

Previously:
>> So, it's ok for you to imply (in a previous email to Marek) that RME is
>> fascist and (in this email) that their hardware is a POS, but if anyone
>> else says anything defending them, that's a personal attack?
>
> I think Dave was trying to point out something different.

I'm curious what that would be...

> Besides, it's not a personal attack with regards to RME, simply because
> RME is a legal entity. :)

Huh...  Interesting perspective...  That's right, didn't you say you were
a lawyer?  (Heehee, I love that joke about the difference between a lawyer
and a tick!)  I personally can't/don't make a distinction between the RME
"legal entity" and the RME people.  To me, "RME" will always be a bunch of
talented people who make a bunch of great products that are used by a lot
of people in the world, yet for the moment it seems they have to put up
with a bunch of complaints from a disgruntled person who didn't seem to do
his homework before buying a product that he seems to want to
plead/beg/embarass/petition them into supporting now in the only
environment he wishes to use regardless of or in spite of their own
reasons and/or desires...  Is that a correct assessment?

>> [SHRUG]  There are always other options.  Why limit yourself?
>
> Could you give me one option for 10 analog i/os of 24/192, firewire?
>
> I'm a linux user. :)

Why limit yourself to firewire?  Why limit yourself to Linux?

-Doug