[linux-audio-dev] MIDI routing with Python and ALSA?

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Tue Dec 7 23:13:33 UTC 2004

Hi Peter,

>Does anything like this exist? If not, does some part of it exist?
>For instance, it would be extremely helpful to have a Python wrapper
>for ALSA structs such as snd_seq_event_t. Any thoughts would be
>appreciated.

I've worked on something that has many parts of what you are looking
for, but it won't run if compiled with g++ 3.0 or later. The project
is discontinued, but the sources are here: quitte.de/nam.html if you
happen to feel adventurous.

FWIW, I'm working on a g++ 3+ compatible redesign but it's only a few
days old, so no ALSA seq in sight yet.

Cheers, Tim