[linux-audio-dev] ssm2

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Dec 8 11:48:52 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Just a quick note that we are currently considering starting a new version of
spiralsynthmodular from scratch (well almost) that will at first take the form
of a osc server/jack client that will load and connect ladspa plugins together.

Just wondering if anyone has an idea of an osc protocol for building modular
synths in this manner (thinking supercollider) and if we should use something
approaching a standard syntax of osc messages... this would mean that work
such as graphical user interfaces could be shared, etc...

Or has some or all this stuff already been done? Most of the work will be in
converting ssm's 50+ existing plugins to ladspa - and writing a gui that sends
osc messages.

My main motivation at this point is to just have a lightweight scriptable
non-gui jack ladspa modular effects rack for live performance use, should I
just use ecasound?

cheers,

dave