[linux-audio-dev] Patents on some Linux OS code

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Dec 8 20:11:23 UTC 2004

>They think that if there is no "producer" backing the product then they can
>attack the user as the guilty of the patent infraction, and I think that we
>will see more threats and trials because of that. This is something that is
>happening, not only my thoughs.

it is *not* happening. its as simple as that. court cases based on s/w
patents are very, very, very hard to find, for reasons i outlined
earlier.

so-called "intellectual property" cases are happening, but these are
entirely different in that they are based on copyright and trademark
and trade secret laws, which do not look anything like patent law.

--p