[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] announce-list policy

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue Dec 14 06:37:43 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-12 at 13:58 +0200, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> when linux-audio-announce was created, it was agreed that announcements
> should be crossposted to all three lists. The reasoning was that this way
> people wouldn't have to subcsribe to LAA if they were already on LAD+LAU.
>
> Now when you look at LAA archives, some people post only to LAA, some
> (like me) to all three lists, and some to either LAA+LAD or LAA+LAU.

I didn't even knew that LAA existed. :-/

Perhaps Mailman should be configured so that it adds a footer to each
message, containing basic stuff such as where to go to
subscribe/unsubscribe, and where are the other related lists.

Anyway, i think your proposal makes sense. Crosspostings are bad. Ok,
now let me subscribe real quick now to LAA...

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/