[linux-audio-dev] [ANNOUNCE] rtc based MTC generator

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Sat Dec 18 03:31:20 UTC 2004

Hi,

i have written a small MTC generator that sends MTC via alsa_seq. It is
based on the RTC running at a frequency of 8192hz (this introduces
systematic jitter) and currently only sends 30 FPS (nodrop? i think :)
It seems to perform fine on my 2.6.x RP kernel (with the RTC irq at
highest prio above soundcard irq (jackd with ardour running at prio 60)).

Here's the webpage (with tarball):

http://www.affenbande.org/~tapas/wiki/index.php?rtc_mtc_gen

Maybe someone finds it useful. Let me know what you think.

Is there any  software other than ardour on which i can try it? I don't
have any hardware here that speaks MTC either..

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!
http://affenbande.org/~tapas/