[linux-audio-dev] Request/Offer: Debian package for Scala

John Check j4strngs at bitless.net
Tue Dec 21 00:13:39 UTC 2004

On Sunday 19 December 2004 07:27 pm, Marek Peteraj wrote:
> >  it's the height of hypocrisy to disrespect the copyright holders
> > distribution terms.
>
> What?? Where did i disrespect his terms?

I'm not reviewing, you've already wasted enough of my time. The point is
nobody but the author has any right to say anything about the terms of
distribution.
You either agree or you don't.
If you agree, go have a drink and  celebrate.
If you disagree go shoot now yourself because the GPL isn't spit without
copyright law and if you don't recognize that life isn't going to get any
easier.

Show me the flawed logic in that statement and the output of:

du -csh $directory_where_marek_keeps_his_pirated_mp3's

if you expect me to dignify any further replies with an answer.

> > Guy, I don't need the source code. I really don't. You may, but I don't.
> > Sometimes I want to see it. Sometimes I need it to make a binary because
> > there is no other option. I like the option of having it available.
> > Sometimes I even poke it with a stick and let the author know if any
> > maggots fall out, but it's not a requirement. If a prog sounds
> > interesting, I want to spend most of the introduction time running the
> > code to see if it's even worth taking the time to download the source.
> >
> > I say I don't care about access to the source code, which is the
> > developers melieu, you say you don't care about the runtime, which is the
> > users melieu. It's two sides of the same coin, so let's all just do what
> > we gotta do instead of going around in circles.
>
> You didn't get my messages at all.... Listen, why don't you just buy the
> software you need? As you said anyway, they are a lot better in terms of
> quality, and you're not really interested in free as in speech anyway,
> so what's the point? Or is it that you just don't want to spend the
> money?

Hmm, well, be glad I'm not putting any words in your mouth because you'd look
even more foolish than you do by putting words in mine.

Do you think I'm here for the aggravation? I'm here because of the sorry ass
state of documentation WRT linux audio development.

I don't like the pricing structure and a lot of other things about proprietary
technology and one side benefit of what I want to do is destroying that
pricing structure.
Concern over whether I want to or can spend the money is pure douchebaggery
on your part. If freedom is paramount for you, it's a moot point.
Make your case with logic, not the mirror of your own insecurities.

---
Communication Terminated