[linux-audio-dev] Modular Jack patch bay

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Mon Feb 2 06:52:31 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 01:20, Marcus Andersson wrote:
> A simple idea would be to place them randomly initially, and thereafter
> always place them where the user put them the last time. My guess is
> that a typical user will have the same applications running from session
> to session, and would prefer if they where positioned at the same place
> every time.

I do plan on having persistance (saving "states"), hopefully LADCCA
integrated, but it would be nice for the default placement to be
something sane.

At the very least I can put the modules in empty space so there's no
overlap.  Maybe this plus some simple rules (ie "put modules with only
output ports to the left") will be good enough..

-Dave