[linux-audio-dev] Software with source code?

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Tue Feb 3 01:55:25 UTC 2004

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 10:55 am, Jack O'Quin wrote:
> Dave Robillard <drobilla at connect.carleton.ca> writes:
> > One suggestion:  I think it'd be useful to list what interfaces the app
> > supports, I know at least for me if it doesn't use jack it's basically
> > useless (and I'd rather find this out before downloading the whole
> > thing!)
>
> The audio distributions (such as CCRMA and AGNULA) do this already for
> tracking package dependencies.  It's a big job keeping all that up to
> date.  Perhaps a web-friendly interface for that information would be
> more useful than a separate attempt to keep track of it all.

There is always the "glorious grey" http://alsa.opensrc.org Wiki
that _could_ be used for something like this. It now has a static
HTML FAQ generated from user editable FAQ### entries in the Wiki
itself... wouldn't be too hard to emulate this for APP###s.

a) anyone can edit the entries b) it's already there.

--markc